Practical Acupuncture Certification Program
Students that complete the Practical Acupuncture program receive a CAc certified Acupuncture Technician Certification from the Blue Heron Academy.
Acupuncture, simply stated, is a health science which is used to successfully treat both pain and dysfunction in the body. Acupuncture offers tremendous career opportunities as one of the fastest growing forms of health care in the United States. This explosion is due to recognition of consumers and regulators of the safety, effectiveness and low-cost of this form of healthcare. Acupuncture technicians work in hospitals, medical clinics, holistic health care centers, chiropractic offices, medical health spas, and as private practice consultants.
Join the Practical Acupuncture Program
- Master the basics: anatomy, physiology, and pathology.
- Get advanced training: learn how develop a treatment plan based on practical acupuncture and a licensed physicians medical diagnosis.
- Complete clinical internships in a medical facility - hospital, clinic, or chiropractic office -- under the supervision of a licensed medical professional.
- Widen your horizons: learn about professional standards and ethical codes of the Michigan Medical Acupuncture Association.
- Work / study in medical clinics and hospitals.
- Work / study under the supervision of a licensed medical professional.
- Become a member of the American Manual Medicine Association.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes acupuncture as an effective treatment modality for many conditions, including:
- Diseases of the muscles, bones and joints, including back pain, repetitive stress injury, shoulder and neck problems, whiplash, sprains, and arthritis.
- Headaches, migraines.
- Fibromyalgia, insomnia, fatigue.
All practical acupuncture technicians and TCM acupuncturists are required by the Michigan Public Health Code to work under medical delegation and supervision.
Why Choose Blue Heron Academy?
- Low-cost, fast-track state licensed educational programs.
- Train while you keep your present job. Day and evening classes with flexible formats.
- Financial Assistance: Many options and experienced staff to assist you.
- Competency-based education. Breadth and depth of subject matter.
- Small Class Size: At Blue Heron Academy, you won't get lost in the crowd! Our class sizes are small so you can get the personalized attention you deserve.
- Quality instruction from licensed practitioners. Train in a clinical practice.
- Career Placement: Experienced staff will help you find a job upon graduation.
- Extensive hands-on training. Learn by doing, and learn what works.
- Licensed by the Michigan Office of Secondary Education. Affiliation with hospitals and colleges.
- Join thousands of successful graduates who have trained with us since 1980.