Chiropractic Assistant Program - 12 Weeks
Chiropractic is one of the oldest, most successful, and fastest growing fields in natural, holistic, and alternative healthcare. With over 20 million Americans seeking chiropractic care each year, it is an exciting and growing field.
Much faster than average growth is projected through 2008 for chiropractic assistants. Beginners who have completed training programs and experienced workers will find it easy to obtain jobs.
How does the Chiropractic Assistant Program benefit me?
- Master the basics: history and philosophy of chiropractic, and integration of medical massage and chiropractic.
- Get advanced training on chiropractic spinal healthcare.
- Widen your horizons: learn legal and business aspects, including patient communication and management, office management, scope of practice (emphasis on Michigan), professional ethics.
- Become versatile, and more employable: understand insurance codes, and chiropractic benefits as provided for in insurance policies and State Workers' Compensation.
- Learn office management and administrative procedures.
Chiropractic Assistants aid chiropractors during the physical examination of patients. They give specified office treatments and keep patients' records in addition to helping the chiropractor lift and turn patients under treatment.
Assistants also give physiotherapy treatments and may take and record the patient's blood pressure, assist in X-rays, and give first aid. They provide back and front office support to Chiropractors. For back office, they may do basic examinations or therapeutic massage. They must be familiar with Chiropractic theory and terminology, knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
Why Choose Blue Heron Academy?
- Low-cost, fast-track state licensed educational programs.
- Train while you keep your present job. Day and evening classes with flexible formats.
- Financial Assistance: Many options and experienced staff to assist you.
- Competency-based education. Breadth and depth of subject matter.
- Small Class Size: At Blue Heron Academy, you won't get lost in the crowd! Our class sizes are small so you can get the personalized attention you deserve.
- Quality instruction from licensed practitioners. Train in a clinical practice.
- Career Placement: Experienced staff will help you find a job upon graduation.
- Extensive hands-on training. Learn by doing, and learn what works.
- Licensed by the Michigan Office of Secondary Education. Affiliation with hospitals and colleges.
- Join thousands of successful graduates who have trained with us since 1980.