Home Health Aide Technician
The home health aide career training program focuses on the skills you need to succeed in a career as a home health aide technician. You will graduate with practical, real-world knowledge that you can put to immediate career use. This will be achieved through a combination of lectures and intensive hands-on training in personal care, communication, basic nutrition, and home management. In this career program, students are taught how to give personal care, provide basic human needs, communicate and assist those who are ill. Upon completion of the program, graduates will receive the following certification: Certified Home Health Aide Technician
According to the US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics the demand for Trained Home Health Aides is expected to increase by 51% over the next 10 years. Home Health Aide Technicians will find employment opportunities in the following areas:
- Home Health Care Services
- Residential Care Facilities
- Individual and Family Services
- Private Households
- Hospice Services
- Private Practice
Why Choose Blue Heron Academy?
- Low-cost, fast-track state licensed educational programs.
- Train while you keep your present job. Day and evening classes with flexible formats.
- Financial Assistance: Many options and experienced staff to assist you.
- Competency-based education. Breadth and depth of subject matter.
- Small Class Size: At Blue Heron Academy, you won't get lost in the crowd! Our class sizes are small so you can get the personalized attention you deserve.
- Quality instruction from licensed practitioners. Train in a clinical practice.
- Career Placement: Experienced staff will help you find a job upon graduation.
- Extensive hands-on training. Learn by doing, and learn what works.
- Licensed by the Michigan Office of Secondary Education. Affiliation with hospitals and colleges.
- Join thousands of successful graduates who have trained with us since 1980.