Medical Billing & Administration Specialist
In this career training program, students will be qualified for employment as medical secretaries, medical billing specialists and office administrators. Upon completion of the program, graduates will receive the following certification: Medical Billing and Administration Specialist. Students will also be eligible to take the National Certification exam from the National Healthcareer Association.
The Medical Billing & Administration Specialist program provides training in law and ethics, administrative office procedures, medical billing, and the professional characteristics needed for success in the healthcare field.
According to the US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics the demand for Medical Billing & Administration Specialist's is expected to offer above average career opportunities through 2016. Medical Billing & Administration Specialists will find employment opportunities in the following areas:
- Family Physicians - Group Practices
- Hospitals - HMO Facilities
- In-patient and Out-patient Medical Facilities
- Urgent Care Centers
- Specialty Medical Clinics
- Chiropractic Facilities
Why Choose Blue Heron Academy?
- Low-cost, fast-track state licensed educational programs.
- Train while you keep your present job. Day and evening classes with flexible formats.
- Financial Assistance: Many options and experienced staff to assist you.
- Competency-based education. Breadth and depth of subject matter.
- Small Class Size: At Blue Heron Academy, you won't get lost in the crowd! Our class sizes are small so you can get the personalized attention you deserve.
- Quality instruction from licensed practitioners. Train in a clinical practice.
- Career Placement: Experienced staff will help you find a job upon graduation.
- Extensive hands-on training. Learn by doing, and learn what works.
- Licensed by the Michigan Office of Secondary Education. Affiliation with hospitals and colleges.
- Join thousands of successful graduates who have trained with us since 1980.