Paramedical Skin Care Specialist, Medical Spa Technician & Dermatology Medical Assistant Program
Review and Print a Detailed Paramedical Skin Care Brochure Here
This program combines training in paramedical skin care, medical spa technician, and dermatology medical assisting with knowledge of the structure and function of the skin and integumentary system, skin disorders, medical skin care procedures, therapeutic modalities, hygiene and infection control, business, ethics, jurisprudence, and professional practices used in medical spas, cosmetic surgery, plastic surgery, medical skin rejuvenation, and dermatology.
The medical skin care and medical spa industry is growing with hundreds of facilities operating in the state of Michigan, and thousands nationally and worldwide. There is a growing need for paramedical skin care specialists who are skilled in medical spa services and clinical procedures specific to medical skin care clinics.
This program also involves the study and practice of cosmetic surgery pre-operative and post-operative therapy, medical skin care consultation and dermatological assistant procedures. In the private practice sector, the paramedical skin care professional will be able to practice techniques used in anti-aging medicine and work with other qualified medical professionals and physicians. This program will prepare the student to enter the medical skin care and medical spa field. Techniques will include paramedical skin care procedures, facial rejuvenation, and microdermabrasion. Upon completion, students will have the skills needed in the medical, cosmetic and plastic surgery, dermatological, resort, destination, day, medical and cruise ship spa arenas.
Once a student receives a certificate for this program they must still work under the supervision of a physician who is available on-site or within easy reach for emergencies.
Why Choose Blue Heron Academy?
- Low-cost, fast-track state licensed educational programs.
- Train while you keep your present job. Day and evening classes with flexible formats.
- Financial Assistance: Many options and experienced staff to assist you.
- Competency-based education. Breadth and depth of subject matter.
- Small Class Size: At Blue Heron Academy, you won't get lost in the crowd! Our class sizes are small so you can get the personalized attention you deserve.
- Quality instruction from licensed practitioners. Train in a clinical practice.
- Career Placement: Experienced staff will help you find a job upon graduation.
- Extensive hands-on training. Learn by doing, and learn what works.
- Licensed by the Michigan Office of Secondary Education. Affiliation with hospitals and colleges.
- Join thousands of successful graduates who have trained with us since 1980.