This career training program combines both lecture and practical, hands-on training in phlebotomy. Students will be taught basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, infection control, and lab safety. Students will also learn venipuncture procedures as well as proper order of draw and post puncture care.
To gain knowledge of clinical skill sets in the following areas: anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, infection control, lab safety, venipuncture procedures, and proper order of draw and post puncture care. Upon completion of the program, graduates will receive the following certification: Phlebotomy Technician
According to the US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics the demand for Phlebotomist Technicians is expected to remain high as the aging population within the USA intensifies the need for all areas of healthcare. Phlebotomists will find employment opportunities in the following areas:
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Medical Laboratories
- Ambulatory Health Care Services
- Urgent Care Facilities
- Physician Offices - Group Practices
Why Choose Blue Heron Academy?
- Low-cost, fast-track state licensed educational programs.
- Train while you keep your present job. Day and evening classes with flexible formats.
- Financial Assistance: Many options and experienced staff to assist you.
- Competency-based education. Breadth and depth of subject matter.
- Small Class Size: At Blue Heron Academy, you won't get lost in the crowd! Our class sizes are small so you can get the personalized attention you deserve.
- Quality instruction from licensed practitioners. Train in a clinical practice.
- Career Placement: Experienced staff will help you find a job upon graduation.
- Extensive hands-on training. Learn by doing, and learn what works.
- Licensed by the Michigan Office of Secondary Education. Affiliation with hospitals and colleges.
- Join thousands of successful graduates who have trained with us since 1980.