Become a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer in Four Months!
On-site, Hands-on Comprehensive Career Training. This program prepares you for work in the fitness and health promotion fields. This includes the health club and fitness center industry. You will become a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) and be eligible to become a nationally board certified personal trainer.
- Master the basics: understand muscle physiology and body mechanics, fitness principles and assessment, strength and endurance training, and nutrition and weight management.
- Get advanced training: develop fitness programs and dietary / exercise prescriptions, learn how to use machines, apply specificity training, and address injury prevention.
- Widen your horizons: learn legal and business aspects, including client screening and consultations, record keeping, and designing corporate health / wellness programs.
- Become versatile, and more employable: learn to deal with different customers, including athletes and people with special needs.
- Personalize your training through specialized workouts in tai chi, Pilate's, yoga, etc.
The BHA difference: learn by doing
Our Personal Trainer Program, like all other programs at BHA, is hands-on. This means you will graduate with practical, real-world knowledge that you can put to immediate use. You will achieve this through a combination of lectures and intensive hands-on training, meant to demonstrate and reinforce what you are taught in class. This hands-on approach is just one of the things that sets BHA apart from other schools. At BHA, we teach what works!
Why Choose Blue Heron Academy?
- Low-cost, fast-track state licensed educational programs.
- Train while you keep your present job. Day and evening classes with flexible formats.
- Financial Assistance: Many options and experienced staff to assist you.
- Competency-based education. Breadth and depth of subject matter.
- Small Class Size: At Blue Heron Academy, you won't get lost in the crowd! Our class sizes are small so you can get the personalized attention you deserve.
- Quality instruction from licensed practitioners. Train in a clinical practice.
- Career Placement: Experienced staff will help you find a job upon graduation.
- Extensive hands-on training. Learn by doing, and learn what works.
- Licensed by the Michigan Office of Secondary Education. Affiliation with hospitals and colleges.
- Join thousands of successful graduates who have trained with us since 1980.